Do You Want To Perform at the Chicago Fringe in 2014?
Our performance lottery for the 2014 Chicago Fringe Festival will open on December 13, 2013 at 10am.
The first 25% of our performance slots are filled on a First-Come, First-Served basis, and the remaining 75% of our participants will be selected by lottery. The lottery with be held at a public event on March 1st. Learn more >
Fringe Will Return to Jefferson Park in 2014!
Chicago Fringe Festival Executive Director Vinnie Lacey announces the Chicago Fringe Festival 2013, held August 29 – September 8 in the new location of Jefferson Park, was a success and the Festival will return in 2014. Attendance broke last year’s records with 3,887 attendees and more than 27 sold-out performances. Fringe artists and performers receive 100% of the ticket sales generated by their appearance and in 2013, more than $28,000 was returned to artists, also a Chicago Fringe Festival record.
Lacey said, “The Jefferson Park businesses and residents were just as excited as the artists for this year’s festival. We saw a great number of people from Jefferson Park and from around Chicago attending the Fringe and frequenting the restaurants and bars before and after performances. We thank everyone who helped this year’s Festival break previous attendance and revenue records. We are so pleased to announce we are already planning our return in 2014.”
“Jefferson Park has become a destination for people looking for entertaining and dining experiences that they cannot find in other parts of Chicago. The Fringe Festival epitomized this perfectly. For one week, all eyes were on Jefferson Park to see the new, the different, the fringe of performing arts. We were proud to host the 2013 Festival and welcome them back in 2014,” said Jefferson Park Alderman John Arena.
Join The Board
The Chicago Fringe Festival (CFF) is seeking new board members. Ideal candidates will have a strong interest in helping to grow an upstart arts-oriented 501(c)3 organization within an established model. Board members assist with festival advocacy and annual fundraising efforts. Candidates must also attend quarterly meetings, select special events and the annual festival in first two weeks of September.
The Chicago Fringe Festival is partially funded by The MacArthur Fund for Arts and Culture at The Richard H. Driehaus Foundation.